Click Here! PsycHo: Free Template Generator
boredominating
just thinking loud again
Thursday, August 09, 2007
home trip 2007

I've been back here in the States for almost a week now and I really haven't blogged about my recent trip to the Philippines. I will summarize my whole trip using 4 B's---Bakasyon, Business, Break-up Blues and Buy a Car.
Bakasyon:
I was so amazed with all the new malls in the Philippines namely Trinoma, The Block, MOA. They are very different from the SM malls I got used to when I was a kid. There is a good sense of architecture in most of them and they're not just like a big box with stalls. They also have better brands and bigger sizes in terms of clothes. Yup, I bought a lot of them. For the most part, I enjoyed it. One can never go wrong with shopping.
Business:
I met tita mel through my best pal MJ. She makes all the native accessories in most of the malls in the Philippines. Before July, my sis and I were thinking of the same business for me here in the states. So when i met her one could just imagine how happy I was. Yup, I am starting a business of accessories here. It will be big, I can feel it.

Break-up Blues:
Hay, the never-ending story about the pink table of my life! I think i got it now, hopefully its final this time. Hello new guy! The thing is, I think the only reason that stops me from being with a guy is the fear of marrying him. Yup, fear. But i can go on have dates, right? My goal this year is to have dates, meet interesting people. This is the sweetest revenge ever. to the left, to the left....

Buy a car:
Mommy's got a new car, what can I say? It's really not a New car, its just a more modern (relative to our other vehicles), secondhand car---a pure white Honda Civic 2001 A/T. I am proud and happy. Giving back to my parents a little surprise every now and then makes me feel good, makes me feel that my work here is relevant.

I have been here since friday and for the first time, I am really having a bad jet lag. It's 5:57 am now and im still blogging. I went to bed at 1 am and then i had a bad dream so i decided to get up and call my dad. I dreamed that I crashed my car on my way home from silver's house, lost consciousness and when i woke up, i saw my ruined car. I felt so bad because I loved my car. Anyway, it was just a bad dream. Maybe my car is telling me something: I need to clean it.heheh! Actually, Jackie bought a new Silverado and Silver is planning to get one too. And since i saw that Blue Toyota FJ last week, I have been dreaming of trading off my car. But now, NO! I still love my yellow car. It never game me problems plus im almost done paying it off. 2009, I will be totally debt-free! And then i will buy a nice condo unit in makati for investment.that's the plan.


My former principal is now the Superintendent in our district and I am so disappointed with what's happening in our school lately. That sure is a bad start. To be fair, the bad part only started today when meetings did not go the way they're supposed to. All of a sudden they had to make an executive decision of cancelling everything. At least we had time to go to our rooms and clean up which i did. I was also able to see my doctor for a medical exam and eat with my friends. The best part of my day is when while i was cleaning I was called to the office by my administrator. I went to the main office all sweaty and found a parent waiting for me. When she told me she's a parent, I almost choked. i was thinking that I have another complaint for failing another student because she wasnt at all smiling when she saw me. She said," are you Ms. Manuel?" and I said yes ( althought i thought about lying). She then said," I am the mother of Jaimie, you taught her over the summer and I would just like to let you know that I appreciate you because she passed the test last June. She talks about you all the time and tells me how you make Math easy for her". She was teary-eyed when she told me this and I was too.I was shocked that she went to my high school and told me this. That was a first and I get goosebumps just thinking about it. To those of you who dont know, i teach in the junior high every summer. they are the ones who failed their standardized test and have less than a month to review and pass it. i teach in the high school so the kids whom i teach in the summer have no idea who i am. honestly, I am aware that nobody wants to work there in the summer because it is a lot harder than your work the whole year at least in terms of behavioral problems. I even requested to teach fourth graders last summer but was not given the chance to because nobody will teach in the junior high. I was upset when i started and got even more upset when i saw the class sizes were bigger than what i had all year in the high school! i emailed the superintendent about giving me a paraprofessional and the following day, he did. I worked hard last summer, no yosi breaks, because i was working with ronald and i didnt want to bond with him. yeah, I liked that I did work hard and now I feel better that someone appreciates it. If they only knew what I went through personally during the most part of summer school, they wouldn't believe it. Now, if I could just remember jaime's face.....well, she'll be in the high school this year so i might see her. mY alarm just went on. That means I have two more snoozes left. hehee! I hope I could last today and not feel sleepy or tired. so officially, I love my job. I knew I was here for a greater reason.
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
pare!! i miss you so much! esp. at moe's wedding.. kulang ka!! huhuhu... hope u're ok na.. another two years before i see you? well, if m lucky maybe i'll get to see you next yr hehe!! thanks for the good times:) make sure you visit my multiply (better yet, add me na kasi! open your goddamn account! ingat ka lagi ha.. mwah mwah!